Stewardship @ St Laurence`s
PLANNED GIVING REVIEW 2019
During the Autumn/Winter we are encouraging the family of St. Laurence’s to review their financial support for our church.
Please pick up a Planned Giving Pack from church and give it your consideration.
Every 2 years we encourage those who care about St Laurence`s Church ministry, mission or buildings and grounds to consider how they may help with their money and time.
It is part of our life as Christians to be good stewards of the things we have – that we put to good use all that we have – especially to the glory of God.
So our Planned Giving Review is an opportunity to look at particularly how we put the money we have to God`s glory through this church.
The previous Planned Giving Review was in October 2017 and we;
- thanked all those who have and do support the work here
- contacted all those in Planned Giving to consider how to respond
- if you didn`t receive information and would like to know more then please contact PCC Treasurer
There are many ways where the skills and time of our people are used. If you want more details contact our churchwardens.
There are costs that we need to pay and these can only be met by people freely contributing.
We encourage committed regular giving through our Planned Giving Scheme.
– giving through bank standing order or our envelope scheme
– for tax payers, under the Gift Aid scheme, we can claim tax which has been paid on any giving
– freewill offering – the amount we have pledged to pay to the diocese for 2018 is £58,023. This is mainly for clergy pay, housing and pensions
– staff costs – Parish Administrator, Organist, Children`s Worker, Gardeners, Cleaner – about £68,499 for 2016
– missions support – we are committed to giving 8% of the previous year`s unrestricted income to areas of need – about £13,000 for 2018
– there are about 170 supporters in the Planned Giving Scheme – some are couples
– we claimed over £15,366 in Gift Aid in 2016
– each week in 2016 we spent about £189 more than we got in regular income. That is above and beyond the reserves we have which we use for specific purposes.
The Friends Of St Laurence`s Church help in specific projects in church and churchyard to look after this beautiful ancient site in Scalby village.